How To Join HSEF
If you are an eligible employee of the Transportation, Student Nutrition, Custodial Services, Security or Maintenance departments we hope you will join our Union! A Union is only as strong as it’s members. For our Union to do the best job possible for us all – we all need to support it. But it doesn’t stop there. As a democratic organization, the Union depends on the participation and involvement of it’s members.
There are many ways in which a member can get involved with HSEF. Below we have listed just a few. If you see something that sounds interesting to you, call HSEF at (813) 231-2030 and ask how you can get involved as a member.
- Become a site Steward
- Collective Bargaining Team
- Election Committee
- Membership Committee
- HSEF/SDHC Committee Appointments
- FEA Annual Representative Assembly
- NEA Annual Representative Assembly
- AFT Annual Delegate Assembly
- AFT Leadership Conference
Check out the Benefits of Joining to see what’s in store for you as a member. If you then decide that YES I want to become a member – I want to help protect our jobs and our families – click here to complete an enrollment form. You may also print and complete a card and return it to our office. You will receive a welcome package in the mail and be immediately eligible for all the benefits of membership.
WELCOME TO OUR UNION FAMILY!
It is the policy of HSEF to represent only members in the grievance process.
Non-Members who join HSEF shall not receive representation for pre-existing conditions or for pending job related issues. However, HSEF will represent new members in future problems or situations that may arise, providing such problems or situations are unrelated to pre-existing conditions. In all cases, HSEF, representation cannot take place prior to the members paying dues up to date and being in good standing. Exceptions to this policy may occur when the HSEF President and Grievance Committee determine that an individual case may affect the welfare of the entire bargaining unit or a specific group of employees within the unit. Pre-payment by the non-member for all costs incurred for such requested services must be made. Total costs incurred of such requested services shall be determined by the Executive Board of HSEF.
Policy for Rejoining HSEF (As of January 1, 2016
An individual who has dropped membership from HSEF and wishes to rejoin must have their membership application submitted before the General Membership Meeting for approval. If approval is given by General Membership, a $25 reinstatement fee with be assessed before activation. If you have any questions about this process and are interested in rejoining, please contact the HSEF office.
Policy for Members on Leaves of Absence
Information on status of members when they are sick and/or out and receiving their pay check or they are on or in an unpaid leave status.
- When a member is out for one or two weeks HSEF will carry the individual as current. They pay no per-caps on the person and if legal assistance is involved the local pays the per-caps necessary to satisfy the Affiliates and provide the legal assistance.
- When a member is on paid leave dues must be are paid by the member as if they were working.
- When the member is on unpaid leave or in unpaid status the member must pay the dues directly to the local to continue as a member in good standing, such a membership provides rights for voting, holding office, legal assistance and representation.
|Print & Join
If you are an eligible employee of the Transportation, Student Nutrition, Custodial Services, Security or Maintenance departments we hope you will join our Union. A Union is only as strong as it’s members. For our Union to do the best job possible for us all – we all need to support it. But it doesn’t stop there.
Page Last Updated: Nov 11, 2015 (08:30:00)